Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Today was a good day.

I feel good as today comes to a close.  Everything went well today and I am really starting to feel myself connecting to these kids.  Most come up to me and hug me whenever they see me, whether it is in the morning, after they come back from school, when they are going to bed, or just whenever.  It is great, honestly.  I am sad when the kids leave for school every morning at 8, but school is good and they must go.

In the morning Kam (One of the kids - She is 16.) and I painted signs.  We are repainting all of the signs in the farm and it is actually really fun.  I love to paint so it makes me happy when Chey, our manager, asks us to do it.  There are probably 100 signs dispersed through the farm.  One saying welcome, one explaining what plant it is near, so on.  It is just going to be a lot of painting.  Here at the Children's Shelter Foundation (That is what this place is call -- I have been forgetting to mention that.) their signature or logo is a hand... So Kam and I decided it would look good to put hand prints on some of the signs.  We got out some red paint and smeared it all over our hands, putting it on our favorite signs.  With the leftover paint we decided it would be good to paint the dog that was near where we were working.  We put hand prints all over him! He looked like he belonged in Pocohontas!

A guest came today and only stayed for the day.  We showed her around the farm and took her to the school when it was time to get the kids so she could see where they learn.  It is a pretty nice school, though it is so much different than in America.  I can't even explain how different.  But yeah.  We had a great dinner with her too.  So yummy.  Her name was Zoey and she was from England. I love being able to meet all of these different kinds of people from all over the world every week.  One week they were from Switzerland, then New York, then Germany, and now England.  And they are all so nice and unique.

Every night we have started to play games.  Usually we have played Ninja Attack which is always fun but now we have started playing missionary tag, which gets crazy.  Everyone is laughing and it is chaotic but honestly I wouldn't have it any other way.

Two things I want to tell you about before I close and go to bed...

1. The kids call me PiiG (pronounced PG) which I like and I find it ironic because that is where I grew up -- in Pleasant Grove, UT.  They call someone who is older than them Pii and then their name to show respect.  And then there is PiiKristin which they still have a hard time pronouncing.  It comes out more like PiiKisstin haha.  It is awesome.

2. Yesterday after school a bunch of the younger kids climbed onto Kristin and my beds and played games on our computers.  There was five of them: Ohm-Em, Li-Bee, Be-Mai, Da-Wan, and Me-King. After about an hour squished onto our beds we decided it was time to kick them out.  But they kids didn't like that idea so they started to tickle us and pretty soon with was an all-out tickle war, full of screaming, laughing and pleading.  It was a wonderful mess and I think the kids really had a good time.

Well I am tired. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment