Friday, May 3, 2013

T-3 Days



I leave in 3 days.  Crazy.

Last night, when everyone was asleep, I crawled into my bed around midnight and started thinking.  And that got me worrying.  Then all of a sudden I was panicking.  I kept asking myself if I had everything that I needed and if I was ready to leave home and my mom and spend three months in a place I had never been with people I have never met.  After thinking a while I decided I know the answer to three things. 
    Am I ready to not have American food for the next hundred days? Yes. 
    Am I ready to not be connected so much to my technology? Yes, yes YES.
    Am I ready to learn? Absolutely.

I still know I am not ready.  But maybe that is the excitement of it all -- the fact that I would and will never be ready for an experience like this.  That it is going to be, probably, the greatest adventure of my life.  And I know that everyday will not be a walk in the park, HA it will be more like crawling through  the mud sometimes but hey I can do it.  I am so ready for something to move me, for something to change me.  To change the way I look at the world.  I feel like I am in a bubble and I am not saying it is a bad thing but I am ready to pop it.  I am ready to soak up all that I can learn from these people.  

I realized I know one more thing.
     Am I ready to love these people? Yes. More than ever.

I love Thailand already. And I haven't even set foot on their soil. 

Peace Arizona and America. I'm outta here!

No comments:

Post a Comment