Monday, May 27, 2013

Catching Up

So I haven't posted in a few days but that is okay, I have been busy.

Last week was good.  Friday was National Buddha Day in Thailand so the kids did not have school.  We woke up and did this little ritual in front of a Buddha statue they have here on the farm, which consisted of this chanting, burning some candles, and getting on our hands and knees to bow to the Buddha.  Kristin and I didn't actually do it but we just watched.  It was very interesting and different than anything I have seen.  After breakfast we all got packed up and went to the city, Doi Suket.  The best part was we put 25 people into one truck to get there.  They have this thing attached to the bed of the truck.  It is like a covering thing with to benches in it, but they crammed a third bench into it.  So there was 11 people in the cab of the truck and the 14 people in the bed on these benches.  It was awesome, though the entire time I thought we were going to die and every bump killed because there were no shocks because we were so heavy.  Anyways when we got to the city we climbed 321 stairs to get to the temple.  They did some more bowing and stuff which was again so interesting.  We all got some soda after from this old lady and her mobile cart.  I got Coke with so much ice.  After the Coke was gone we used our straws and spit ice at each other, which was surprisingly really fun.  These kids are crazy.  Once we were done with our drinks Kristin and I said bye to our beautiful kids and hopped onto a yellow truck to go to Chiang Mai.

We did a bunch of random things with some of the interns on Friday night.  We went to the mall where we got to try out the newest weight-loss program.  It is this platform that you stand on and it shakes you back and forth.  Apparently as your fat jiggles everywhere it is supposed to somehow disappear.  So smart guys, great job!  It was really funny.  We got massages that night too.  I got a 30 minute foot massage and a 30 minute back and neck massage.  So worth it because it was only like 4 bucks altogether. Haha! The only thing was when she was doing my back and neck I was getting tickled so bad.  I was laughing so hard.  The kinda laughing that you just can't stop and it feels so good.  After I few moments of me laughing pretty much everyone in the salon was laughing.  It's a time that I will probably never forget.

Saturday we went to Lampang which is about two hours to the south to help with a Blind School.  We played games and sang songs and did all sorts of random things with them.  They were all so sweet and I am sad that I won't be able to see them again.

Yesterday, after church Kristin and I came back to the orphanage a little bit early, like 4.  It was nice because we just relaxed until dinner at 6. We have started to watch Alias during our free time but it is incredible hard because it only loads like 10 minutes at a time.  But we have figured out a system in which we use both of our computers.  It is very cool.  Anyways yesterday we were watching it and Oh-Em came in and laid on me so see could see the computer.  When the episode was over I talked to her and tried to get up but she had fallen asleep.  It was so cute.  She was laying on me stomach to stomach.  I didn't move for a good while just because I didn't want to wake her and I loved that she fell asleep on me.

So yes it has been a busy week but things are great and I am still loving every minute here.  I am trying really hard to let myself be happy and to not dwell on the hard things.  I don't want to get old and look back on my life and regret that I didn't let myself be happier.  I am good at being happy too, I don't know why I forget that.

Here is a few pictures of our adventures:


Li-Bee and I.  He lost two teeth this weekend :)


Always pretty sunsets here in Thailand. Reminds me of Arizona.


Octopus and Squid.... yum... 


We walked into our hotel Friday night and Spencer was like -- Oh look at that flat screen tv.. I turned around to see this haha


The Sunday Market.  They close off a whole street every Sunday.  It is about 2 miles long.

No comments:

Post a Comment